Pick Up a New Hobby
By: Mary Elise Chavez
Posted January 2007
Wake up...Work an 8 hour day...Veg in front of the tube...Go to sleep...Now repeat this 5 days in a row and blah! No wonder why you're bored with your weekly routine lifestyle! Check out our useful tips below to bring some excitement and fun back into your life!
It's not that difficult to start fresh and reinvigorate your lifestyle, all it takes is some enthusiasm and motivation to pick up some new hobbies. Psychologists have proven that individuals live more fulfilling lives and are generally more happy when they take part in non-work or school obligatory activities.
1. Try a new sport or join a league.
- Baseball/Softball (try a co-ed team league)
2. Try your hand at your Creative Abilities.
Learn an Instrument/Take Lessons
- Drawing (Take a sketching class, check out local museums for dates)
3. Work towards a long-term goal.
- Write a book
Start a project
- Explore the city you live in by discovering it's hidden gems
- Find a local hangout that you can call yours
- Join a gym and get your body in killer shape
- Decorate a room in your apartment/house on an affordable budget
Construct a garment/Learn how to Sew or Knit
4. Catch up on your forgotten to-do list..
- Dig into the pile of books you've been wanting to tackle
Catch up with an old friend/Meet a new friend
- Check out an independent or silent film theatre
- Browse and get inspired by Vintage stores
Sign up for volunteer opportunities
- Get involved with your community (use your skills to better your neighborhood or city)
Build your resume with exciting freelance gigs
- Join a film, fashion, book, athletic, comedy, dance, or music club
The key is to have outside activities that you truly enjoy doing. Hobbies help to relieve stress and anxiety that long hours at a tedious job may create.
If you want true happiness and fulfillment, give yourself some time for you. Life is a waste if not lived with passion and enthusiasm, don't cut yourself short and live an overly planned and projected life, allow some spontaneity to have a home in your life.
Related Articles: Fitness
.Learn How to Pick the best produce!
.Get Fit! Motivate Yourself Today
.Discover the 7 Dimensions of Wellness
.Top 10 Essential Health Tips
.Fitness Gift Ideas
.Fitness Q&A Archive
.Artist to Watch: Ray Lamontagne
.He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not:
True Life Stories from Women Young & Old
.12 Ways to Date Smarter, Not Harder
.Desperately Seeking Real Men:
What Women Really Want
.Now & Then: Differences in Culture
.Adopt a New Outlook:
in Everyday Activities
.Ancient Words, Eternal Wisdom:
A Modern Day Look at Ephesians
.Artist to Watch: K.T. Tunstall
.Jet-Setter: Museums Worth Traveling To
.Love Life: Surprise Date Ideas
.Is Your Relationship at Risk of Infidelity?
.Has He Cheated On You?
8 Questions to Ask Yourself Now
.Decode His & Her Body Language
.Men & Women Confess Their Mates Most Obnoxious Habits
.Film to See: Born into Brothels
.Why Do Women Love Bad Boys?
.Real Women Want Real Men
.Self Challenge: Pick Up a New Hobby
.The Real Truth Behind the Da Vinci Code
.What Constitutes Art? A Formalists' Approach
.Volunteer: We'll show you how!
.Top 50 Museums of the World
.Summer Adventure Guide
.Relationship Q&A Archive
.Our Mission + Philosophy
.Advertise With Us!
© Copyright 2004-2007, Maryelise.com.
All rights reserved.